Insta Love..Biscuits_and_Botox

Monday, July 31, 2006

OUCHIE!!!


Yesterday, I had a not very positive run-in with a not very pleasant Yellow Jacket. For those of you who are not familiar with this lovely addition to the open spaces of the Southland let me tell you how blessed you are! In general during the spring and summer they are relatively harmless and not aggressive. As fall approaches, this changes, and they become like little monsters on crack with a high level of aggression.

Last evening as I was walking into my parent’s home and attempting to herd my children in without letting them get stung by this insidious creature I got strung!!! The little bugger popped me right in the center of my forehead. OUCHIE!!! There isn’t a lot of padding in that area and a sting right there was quite painful. DH immediately swung into action and got me Benadryl (sp) so the swelling was very little last night.

This morning my forehead feels a bit better but my left eye is puffy and swollen...a really good look for me. Needless to say, I won't be leaving the house today!


8 comments:

  1. poor thing!!! recently one of my friends Sandy~she's listed in my side bar got stung on the tongue when one was in her can of pop at a picnic...none too pleasant for her...I'm gonna knock on wood but I've not been stung in quite a while...I hope you get better soon!!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow Jackets can be a real nuisance. They can sense the minute food is put outdoors and swarm here! We have traps throughout our yard. Hope your feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better. Last year I got stung by one, but it was partly my own fault. I had the night before tried a new scrub I had read about (white sugar works really well but you have to remember to rinse it off!)then worked out the next morning. I figure it was just as upset as I was when it found out that I wasn't as sweet as I seemed. :)

    Of course it did lead to a wonderful discussion f why God would crete such cretures, so I figure it wasn't a complete loss.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sorry to hear that. Right in the forehead must really be painful. If you have to leave the house for any reason, maybe just saying it's a "botox gone wrong" treatment would work. You might even scare a few potential patients off while you're at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck tonight, just keep those dark glasses on and you'll be fine. I worry more if you were to get stung again would the reaction be more intense!

    BTW, thank you so much for the card you sent me last week, it was a nice end to a rough day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. youch! i hope you are feeling better now. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about getting stung....yikes! Hope your feeling better now...enjoy your day...blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. well you could always put a patch over your eye and i'm sure your kids would love the pirate look. aarrrrr! :) hope the swelling goes down quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...leave a little of your sparkle before you go!